Politique de confidentialité
La version française de notre politique de confidentialité est actuellement en rédaction.
Pour l'instant, retrouvez ces informations en anglais. Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
1. Preamble and Consent
Please read carefully this Policy, which explains how your personal data will be collected, used and protected, before using the Website and our dedicated pages on the social media and platforms. Your access and use of the Website and social media pages are conditional upon your acceptance of, and compliance with this Policy.
Please also note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, it being however specified that such withdrawal:
- will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal;
- may prevent you from using some features of our Website or dedicated pages on social media.
2. Data Protection Officer
Please do not hesitate to contact us atshould you have any questions. We would be happy to answer any query.
3. General Principles
Our Website and social media platforms contain the following information and provides the following services:
- information about the services offered by our organization, its affiliates and members,
- various channels to get in touch with us (contact forms, links to social media account, etc.),
- information on conferences and other events,
- links to other websites and social media platforms,
- information about vacant positions and a related application form.
4. Personal Data we collect, and why we collect them
A. Sources of Collection
Data we collect via our website and social media are divided in three main categories:
- cookies, analytics and other similar tools (below B.),
- personal Data you provide to us (below C),
- Data from other sources (below D).
B. Cookies, Analytics and other similar tools
a) What are Cookies and what information they collect?
- Cookies are files with small amount of data which are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device (computer or mobile device). Tracking technologies also used are scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
- Through cookies and other tracking technologies, we may collect Personal Data from you when you visit our Website or dedicated pages on social media. We may log in particular usage data when you view or click on content.
- The following information and Personal Data are collected through the cookies and other tracking technologies we use:
- IP address of the requesting internet-enabled device,
- location of the requesting internet-enabled device based on the IP address,
- date and time of access,
- accessed resources on the Website,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website/application from which the access was made (referrer URL).
- The following information and Personal Data are collected through your web browser:
- browser you use,
- if necessary, the operating system of your internet-capable computer as well as the name of your access provider.
- In order to control/limit the collection of this information, you can:
- if available, set up your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent,
- when reaching our Website, select what cookie you allow and what cookie you want to block,
- delete cookies and clear your browsing data directly from your browser’s settings.
However, please note that if you do not accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Website.
- List of the Cookies and Scripts we use:
- Essential Cookies: Cookies used to operate our Website, such as: Cookies that store your Cookie Settings of this Website.
- Analytics Cookies: Cookies used to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns, such as:
- Google Analytics which enables us to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website and monitor the Website traffic, to identify any service issues, improve our services, and generate statistics.
- Google Tag Manager which is a Google tool relating to Google Analytics enabling customized tracking.
- Google Doubleclick which is a Google tool relating to Google Analytics enabling Google to provide customized advertising.
b) Why we collect information through cookies (purpose)?
- to authorize access to our Website,
- to make the functionalities of our Website available to you and to offer you additional functionalities,
- to improve the Website or our dedicated pages on social media,
- to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests,
- to speed up your searches,
- to compile behavioral and statistical information about uses of our Website or our dedicated pages on social media, in particular to estimate our audience size and usage patterns,
- to produce aggregate insights that do not identify you,
- to identify you and log your use, recognize you when you return to our Website, track the activity on our Website and hold certain information.
c) Legal basis for processing
- The purpose for implementing all of the above is to maintain and monitor the performance of our Website and to constantly look to improve the site and the services it offers to our users. The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data when its necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
- In addition, cookies and other functionalities mentioned above which would go beyond the purposes of our legitimate interests (for example: Analytics Cookies), are implemented upon your acceptance through the means of our cookie banner.
C. Personal Data you provide us
a) What Personal Data you provide us?
- We collect Personal Data offered by you voluntarily when, on our Website, you:
- fill out a contact form,
- fill out an application form.
- These data may include your names, employer, e-mail address, telephone number, as well as any data that can be found on your resume, such as title, gender, date of birth, nationality, marital status, picture, personal and business addresses, country of residence, professional details and qualification records.
b) Why we collect such Personal Data (purpose)?
- We use the Personal Data you provide us with for the following purposes:
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so,
- to provide customer support,
- to assess your application,
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provide the data.
c) Legal basis for processing
- The legal basis we rely on to process the Personal Data you provide us is article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data when the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data.
D. Personal data collected about you from other sources
a) What information we collect from other sources?
- We may collect Personal Data about you available on Facebook if you are logged onto your account while you are browsing our Website.
b) Why we collect information through these other sources?
c) Legal basis for processing
- The legal basis for collecting your Personal Data from the abovementioned sources is your acceptance through the means of our cookie banner, in particular the Facebook pixel cookie. The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
5. Personal data collected by third parties (Link to other websites and social media)
- Our Website and our dedicated pages on social media contain links that direct you to the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Behance, Vimeo and LinkedIn (the “Social network”) or to another website, in order to connect you with the content displayed in these platforms. When you access a Social network or another website via our Website or one of our dedicated pages on social media, responsibility for compliance with data protection is to be guaranteed by the respective providers.
- If you establish a connection with the Social network of your choice or another website, your browser connects directly to the provider’s servers. Through this integration, the Social network or the other website receives the information that your browser previously accessed the corresponding page of our Website or our dedicated page on a social media, even if you do not have a profile or are currently not logged in to your account. This information (including your IP address) will be transmitted from your browser directly to a provider’s server and stored there. If you are logged in to your account, the provider can immediately assign the visit to our Website or our dedicated page on a social media to your profile. If you interact with the Website or our dedicated page on a social media, for example by clicking a “Like” or “Share” button, this information will also be transmitted directly to the provider’s server and stored there
6. Sharing your personal data with third parties
- As noted above, we may compile usage statistics relating to our Website or our dedicated pages on social media based notably on your Personal Data.
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of ACKERMANN’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ACKERMANN about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- We may give certain independent contractors and affiliates access to the Personal Data you made available to us through our Website or our dedicated pages on social media in order to assist us with the operation of our Website or our dedicated pages on social media, as well as data management and marketing activities. To date, those contractors are the following:
- Marketing Agency: superhuit, Rue des Terreaux 7, 1003 Lausanne
- IT Provider: infomaniak, vercel, cloudways
- The purpose for sharing your personal data to the above-mentioned third-party is to support our business and to maintain and to constantly look to improve our Website and the services it offers to our users. The legal basis we rely on to process your personal data is article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data when its necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
7. Transfer of your personal data with authorities
- It is possible that we will need to disclose your Personal Data when required by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies,
- enforce our agreements with you,
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations,
- protect the security or integrity of our Website or our dedicated pages on social media, or
- exercise or protect the rights and safety of our users, personnel, or others.
- We attempt to notify users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment and technically feasible, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- The purpose for sharing your personal data to the above-mentioned authorities is to support our obligation within the meaning of article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data when its necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
8. No Commercial Disclosure of your personal data
9. How and where we store your personal data
- We are taking data protection issues seriously and we have chosen to store your Personal Data on Oriented.net GmbH’s servers which are located in Switzerland.
10. Cross-border data transfer
- By providing us with your Personal Data or by accepting analytic cookies, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data outside of Switzerland and the European Economic Area – in particular in the USA – and acknowledge that governments in certain countries such as the USA have broad powers to access data for security, crime prevention and detection and law enforcement purposes.
11. Protection of your personal data and data breach notification
- We exercise commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized exposure or disclosure of your Personal Data. In particular, we implement and maintain measures (comprising administrative, physical, and technical safeguards) for managing unauthorized disclosure or exposure of your Personal Data.
- In the event of a data breach, or in the event that we suspect a data breach, we will (i) do our best efforts to promptly notify you, where technically feasible, and (ii) cooperate with you to investigate and resolve the data breach, including without limitation by providing reasonable assistance to you in notifying injured third-parties. We will give you prompt access to such records related to a data breach as you may reasonably request; provided that we shall not be required to provide you with records belonging to, or compromising the security of, other users.
- In the event of a data breach, or in the event that we suspect a data breach, we will in addition notify the competent authorities in accordance with applicable law.
12. Management of your personal data (your rights)
- Right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you: Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data by contacting us at the following at:email@example.com.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to have your Personal Data rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right of restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to be provided with a copy of the Personal Data we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
- Right to complain to an Authority: You have the right to complain to a data protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA) or in Switzerland.
- Please note that we may ask you to prove your identity before responding to requests based on the previous rights or somehow related to your Personal Data.
13. Retention of your personal data
- We retain the Personal Data you provide to the extent necessary to provide you access to and use of our Website or our dedicated pages on social media and of their functionalities (like for instance our newsletters), as well as to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
- The storage period of cookies depends on their purpose and is the same for everyone.
- We may retain de-personalized (anonymous) information after the deletion of your Personal Data.
14. Security of your personal data
- The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use technical and organizational commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data against manipulation, partial or complete loss and unauthorized access by third party, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
15. Personal data relating to children
- We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information.
- The new version will become effective on the date it’s posted, which will be listed at the top of the page as the new effective date.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of this Policy will not be considered a waiver of those rights.
- If any provision of this Policy is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of this Policy will remain in effect.
Any question or complaint?
- You can also reach us by physical mail at Ackermann, Rte. de Lausanne 27, 1422 Grandson, Switzerland.
Last updated on November 10, 2023